At Planet Rock, we are one big, happy climbing family; that includes customers and staff. If you enjoy climbing with us, we hope you will enjoy working with us as well. We are looking for a few good climbers to join our community.
YOUTH PROGRAM DIRECTOR – Ann Arbor
Manage day-to-day operations, hands-on teaching and administrative aspects of the development, design and implementation of our Ann Arbor youth programs.
Our ideal candidate demonstrates a passion for working with children 4-16, communicates effectively with peers, students and parents, runs a well-structured (but fun) class, and is willing to share their love of climbing with others. Good organizational skills and the ability to self-manage are key.
Our goal is to make students (and their families) feel successful, accomplished and strong every time they come to class.
- Teach regular sessions of ABC, Rock Hoppers & Club programs
- Lead and train youth program instructors
- Manage class curriculum and set future program goals
- Maintain a high-quality programming
- Maintain open and ongoing communication with parents
- Process youth registrations each semester (4x yearly)
- High School Diploma, additional qualifications a plus
- Must be able to work weekends
- Previous work with youth for +1 years, director experience a plus
- Climbing experience (indoors or outdoors) preferable
- Offered health insurance if meeting full-time employment.
- personal rock climbing at either gym location
- training of climbing techniques & methods, safety clinics and use of gear/equipment
- employee proshop discounts