Planet Rock lead classes will teach you everything you need to know about lead climbing and lead belaying. Leading can be dangerous and requires skill, strength and smarts. If you can climb multiple routes that are 5.10 and up in succession without tiring, leading may be the next adventure in climbing for you! There will be an evaluation at the start of your lesson where your instructor will determine if you are ready to learn to lead climb at Planet Rock. If you are not ready at that time, you will not receive a refund so make sure you fit all the qualifications before you schedule your lesson. Feel free to talk to any staff member about whether or not you are ready for this class before you register. Once you complete the lesson, you will need to pass a check the next time you come in to climb. Once you pass the check, you will receive a lead card and may begin leading at any of the Planet Rock Gyms! Congrats!
Prerequisites: Climb multiple routes, 5.10 or up, in succession. Must be comfortable using a stitch plate (ATC) belay device.
Age requirements: 16 years of age and older
Duration: 2 Days | Day 1: 3 hour class, Day 2: 30 min Lead Check
- Log in to your MindBody Planet Rock account.
- Select “Adult Classes” tap
- Select location of “All locations”, “Ann Arbor”, or “Madison Heights” in upper right corner
- Navigate the calendar with the Day, Week, or Month buttons
- All classes start 3 weeks ahead
- Find the Day, time, location that best fits your schedule
- Select the “Sign Up Now” button for that day
- Select “Make a single registration”
- Check out and pay